On Monday, October 27 was our field trip to La Fortaleza. Those who didn't go missed out on the fun. Those who did go, thank you for being on time and following the rules.
You can check my Facebook page where I uploaded an album of the pictures taken. Here are a few pictures:
You can check my Facebook page where I uploaded an album of the pictures taken. Here are a few pictures:
Now for your blog assignment: answer the following questions in complete sentences. If you did NOT attend the field trip, your assignment is explained further down.
QUESTIONS for those students who went on the field trip:
1. Did you enjoy the field trip to Old San Juan? Why or why not?
2. What did you like most about the field trip?
3. What did you NOT like about the field trip?
4. What were some of the places you visited or saw?
5. Did you like the tour at La Fortaleza? Why or why not?
6. What's your opinion about the tour guide?
7. Mention 3 things you learned about La Fortaleza.
8. Where did you have lunch?
9. What did you have for lunch?
10. If we were to go again, what recommendation would you have?
10. If we were to go again, what recommendation would you have?
Questions for the students who DID NOT attend field trip:
1. Have you ever visited La Fortaleza?
2. Which tourist attraction in Puerto Rico would you recommend others to visit? Why?
3. Which tourist attraction in Puerto Rico would you NOT recommend for others to visit? Why not?
4. Do you tour around the island frequently?
5. When was the last time you toured a part of the island? Where did you go?
6. Do you like to tour the island? Why or why not?
7. What place would you like to visit on the island that you have NEVER visited? Why?
8. Have you ever traveled outside of Puerto Rico? Where?
9. What place would you like to visit in the United States? Why?
10. What place would you like to visit that is NOT Puerto Rico or the United States? Why?
TASK: COPY the questions. Answer the questions in COMPLETE SENTENCES. Leave a space between each response (double space).
DATE DUE: November 18, 2014
Evaluation: 25 points (20 response, 5 punctuality & following instructios)
DATE DUE: November 18, 2014
Evaluation: 25 points (20 response, 5 punctuality & following instructios)
1. Did you enjoy the field trip to Old San Juan? Why or why not?
ReplyDeleteYes , I love to visit this place. Why I like it is done , I love the streets.
2. What did you like most about the field trip?
The most I like the tour was able to hang out with my classmates .
3. What did you NOT like about the field trip?
I do not like the weather was hot . I was wrong.
4. What were some of the places you visited or saw?
The fort , one of the shops , the pier where the boat was well seemed that big war ... mind had earlier visited the hill, park pigeons , the capitol .
5. Did you like the tour at La Fortaleza? Why or why not?
I liked it because I had never visited, but I could hardly understand what the lady said and the heat was unbearable.
6. What's your opinion about the tour guide?
Well although I do not understand much , he was a good person and very friendly.
7. Mention 3 things you learned about La Fortaleza.
It has three floors, the place was built to defend the village but did not work because it was too far , I also learned that since I did not work from the 1544 's took off for home to governors .
8. Where did you have lunch?
Well I had lunch at Burger King because they do not carry enough to get me to eat at a restaurant money.
9. What did you have for lunch?
I ate a triplet no taste and tasted bad .
10. If we were to go again, what recommendation would you have?
If we go back , I would recommend with the hairs collected and makes a lot of heat with enough water and also carry enough money for lunch .
1. Did you enjoy the field trip to Old San Juan?
ReplyDeleteYes I'm enjoy it so much,because it is a other world.
2. What did you like most about the field trip?
I liked the sea view from La Fortaleza, monuments, street and the same Fortaleza.
3. What did you NOT like about the field trip?
Really I don't liked lunched in BK. Because BK it is in my city too.
4. What were some of the places you visited or saw?
I'm visited the Fuerte San Cristobal, El morro y Condado.
5. Did you like the tour at La Fortaleza?
Yes I liked because it is part of us history and transformation.
6. What's your opinion about the tour guide?
She was so cute, very friendly and you could see she knew the history spoke passionately.
7. Mention 3 things you learned about La Fortaleza.
Was built to monitor and defend the bay. It is only home to the governors today has some offices and consisted of just four walls and a circular tower before being remodeled.
8. Where did you have lunch?
I lunch with my classmates in BK.
9. What did you have for lunch?
I'm lunch a hammmburrrgerrr.
10. If we were to go again, what recommendation would you have?
If we go back I'm recommended Go to lunch to Plaza Las Americas because they are variety of restaurant and stores to see and shop later the lunch.
1. Did you enjoy the field trip to Old San Juan? Why or why not?
ReplyDeleteIf you enjoy the long view of the field of Old San Juan, although not visit much, I love it every time I go.
2. What did you like most about the field trip?
The most I liked was the beautiful garden of the fortress and the view overlooking the sea, plus the variety of vegetation that had in place and the police blue eyes was in the street.
3. What did you NOT like about the field trip?
What I liked about the tour was not the heat that we did not go to the mall.
4. What were some of the places you visited or saw?
I visited the park pigeons, the nose and the strength.
5. Did you like the tour at La Fortaleza? Why or why not?
On one hand I'm glad because I had never gone and the guide was a very nice person, but I like not to take us to the other floors of the fortress.
6. What's your opinion about the tour guide?
My opinion on this is that the guide was excellent and I liked that she was the one that gave us the tour was a kind and caring person at all times and that pleased me.
7. Mention 3 things you learned about La Fortaleza.
- It was built in a little strategic location and was to build another.
- It was built between 1533 and 1540 to defend the port of San Juan de Puerto Rico.
- He is also known as Palacio de Santa Catalina.
8. Where did you have lunch?
I had lunch at Burger King.
9. What did you have for lunch?
I ate a hat-trick and was well good.
10. If we were to go again, what recommendation would you have?
I would recommend they saved two weeks before to bring enough money to eat at brava cow.
1-As I si me glad because we could leave the Routine and Enjoy the beauty of our capital.
ReplyDelete2-Walking hand in hand with my boyfriend for the nose and pull my photos. I could share with friendships .
3- Some streets that reeked one Orin Pass And What Where they looked By March
4-El Morro and Fort San Cristóbal , and La Fortaleza.
5-Why or why not ? if I taste is very nice and had hido But long ago and saw a tree That is Imported from Madagascar. What I do not like It Was To Much Heat .
6- It is very nice and very sympathetic and was dynamic . and never bored me and we paid attention.
7- 1 That There Is A Tree of Madagascar and is the only one in Puerto Rico .
2 Fortress has three floors and the Third Governor lives in His Family .
3 White Banner With Coat of Puerto Rico mean when That this up in Puerto Rico and When Not in This is What this governor out of Puerto Rico .
8-LUNCH IN SUBWAY
9-oreo, Plantain , water, juice and sweets.
10- Go with comfortable clothes and money and a camera so you throw lots of pictures of memories. will sport.
1. Did you enjoy the field trip to Old San Juan? Why or why not?
ReplyDeleteI had not megusto excursion since had the opportunity to visit the Fort and enjoy with my friends, plus we learned about different topics that spoke of strength.
2. What did you like most about the field trip?
The most that megusto was the visit to the fort and fuy place to eat with my friends Vaca Brava Damaris and Melissa
3.What did you NOT like about the field trip?
I like everything but if every time I had to go to the bathroom I was anxious
4.What were some of the places you visited or saw?
The places we visited was the Old San Juan and the fort and then eat fuy Vaca Brava.
5.Did you like the tour at La Fortaleza? Why or why not?
that had not visited before and thought the Capitol and the strength was the same. The only thing I was not was well megusto caluros.
6.What's your opinion about the tour guideShe was good at what he did when he spoke in Spanish but the walk around the fort and not speaking English I understood?
7.Mention 3 things you learned about La Fortaleza?
Governor there lives on the third floor, and no one can pass only his relatives and family friends. It has a very nice garden.
8.Where did you have lunch?
In luhch Vaca Brava Old San Juan
9.What did you have for lunch?
Cameo, juice
10.If we were to go again, what recommendation would you have?
a river or a different place than San Juan
1. Did you enjoy the field trip to Old San Juan? Why or why not?
ReplyDelete*Yes, charm me too visit this place, because I had never been to visit the fort besides it is a different environment.
2. What did you like MOST about the field trip?
*The most that I loved was the beautiful garden of the fortress and the view towards the sea and a cop that looked beautiful and a lovely color eyes.
3. What did you NOT like about the field trip?
*I like the heat path to the fortress and we just got the tour of the first floor and could not see the governor even from the window.
4. What Were some of the places you visited or saw?
*The only thing and I visited in san juan was the nose and now the Fort
5. Did you like the tour at La Fortaleza? Why or why not?
*I liked a lot because I had never entered the fortress, but did not understand much what the lady was saying about the place besides that to an unbearable heat.
6. What's your opinion about the tour guide?
*My opinion towards the guide is that it looked very kind, very loving and good person even though I did not understand what she was saying.
7. Mention three things you acerca Learned Stronghold.
*For 1533 and 1540 was built to defend the port of San Juan, but it did not work because it was far away.
*It was first built the nose, but the nose gave his first strength function.
*Over time it became governors house now known as Palacio de Santa Catalina
8.Where did you have lunch?
*Went lunch at Burger King
9. What did you Have for lunch?
*I ate a Whopper combo with an Apple Pie and was riquisimoo mmm
10. If we where to go again, what recommendation would you Have?
*I would recommend you take a lot of money to eat cow brave and if you like to collect little things because they can toothbrushes.
1. Did you enjoy the field trip to Old San Juan? Why or why not?
ReplyDeleteThe trip to Old San Juan do not like me
2. What did you like most about the field trip?
What I liked most was the trip . In addition to sharing with students from other courses in English.
3. . What did you NOT like about the field trip?
What I do not like the field trip was going to visit the fort for me was boring.
5. Did you like the tour at La Fortaleza? Why or why not?
I did not like the tour of the Fort. It was boring. I expected to see the facilities inside and was not so.
6.What's your opinion about the tour guide?
My opinion about the guide was very chatty and friendly dynamics
7. Mention three things you acerca Learned Stronghold
It is where the first family lives on the island,
All governors live in the Santa Catalina Palace
8. Where did you have lunch?
Burger King
9. What did you Have for lunch?
I eat Wopper and Ice cream
10. If we where to go again, what recommendation would you Have?
If we again excurcion fuermos recommend : camuy caves , the nose and the site or the place to be not so expensive
1- Did you enjoy the field trip to Old San juan? why or why not?
ReplyDeleteYes love this place the old San Juan.
Because the place is beautifull and is big for see long time.
2- What did you like most about the field trip?
The Fortaleza and the food. JAJAJAJA :D
3- What did you Not like about the field trip?
I like everything :)
4- What where some of the places you visit or saw?
Fortaleza and park pigeons.
5- Did you like the tour at la Fortaleza? Why or why not?
Yes, because we were directed very well and the tour was good.
6- What's your opinion about the tour guide?
Excellent.
7- Mention tree things you learn about la Fortaleza?
a- It is a very old and beautiful place
b- on the third floor of the governor's family lives
c- has a very large and old fort
8- Where did you have a lonch?
I lunch in Vaca Brava old San Juan.
9- What did you have a lonch?
I ate shrimp scampi and I took a Coke.
10- If we where to go again, what recommended would you have?
Anvil would recommend as it is a very beautiful place to go and enjoy.
1. Did you enjoy the field trip to Old San Juan? Why or why not?
ReplyDeleteThe visit had its good and not-good things. Because I would have liked to see more in the Fortaleza.
2. What did you like most about the field trip?
Gardens and had such a beautiful view
3. What did you NOT like about the field trip?
Both walking and having to find a place to eat. I wish we'd gone to square that had more variety
4. What were some of the places you visited or saw?
Previously gone to the nose but had reached this area
5. Did you like the tour at La Fortaleza? Why or why not
No, because I would have liked to see more trip was longer than what we saw
6. What's your opinion about the tour guide?
Was very friendly. His way of explaining and attitude were very nice.
7. Mention 3 things you learned about La Fortaleza.
1. No employee goes to the third floor because it is the home of the Governor
2. Fortress originally were not house offices or governor was not built for that purpose
8. Where did you have lunch?
In burger king
9. What did you have for lunch?
Cesar chicken wrap
10. If we were to go again, what recommendation would you have?
First to send a driver who knows directions. A place where we can see more and learn more.
1. Did you enjoy the field trip to Old San Juan? Why or why not?
ReplyDeleteYes I enjoy the trip in the Old San Juan. The only thing why I can say I didn't liked, its for the short time we pass in San Juan.
2. What did you like most about the field trip?
The most thing I like was the food in Vaca Brava. Because in past occasions I visit the same place of the trip.
3. What did you NOT like about the field trip?
I can't mention a place because all one are so interesting, but the temperature was so hot.
4. What were some of the places you visited or saw?
The places that I visit was the Fortaleza, Rest. Vaca Braca and strrets nearly.
5. Did you like the tour at La Fortaleza? Why or why not?
I liked, but I don't like that its was so fast.
6. What's your opinion about the tour guide?
She's good. I understand all the trip.
7. Mention 3 things you learned about La Fortaleza.
I learn...
-it was build to protect
-its build with just one floor and later two additional floors were add
-Juan Ponce de Leon was the first governor who live in "La Fortaleza"
8. Where did you have lunch?
I lunch in Vaca Brava.
9. What did you have for lunch?
Mofongo with shrims in sauce and soda.
10. If we were to go again, what recommendation would you have?
I recommended MORE TIME IN TRIP and obviously go to Plaza las Americas.