Sunday, September 14, 2014

WHAT IS ART?

What comes to mind when you think of art?  Paintings?  Sculptures?  Drawings?  Sure, all of them are forms of art, but there is a lot more: fashion design, jewelry making, architect, graffiti, video art, photography and so on.  In this blog you will see different forms of art....maybe not what you would expect.

Here's a website that I found once while surfing on the web.  I think the guy is awesome!  Go to the website and click on his works of art.  Some of them have a video to show you how it was done.  Enjoy! Speakers recommended.


Now watch these two youtube videos.....another form of art.  The first one was made by Francisco Quinones, a student who studied graphic design at Columbia.  The second one was made by Prof. Raul Moris.  Make sure you have your speakers on.

NOTE:  There are now speakers available in the library.  All you have to do is request them.


Mujer de Caguana




Photoshooting Goddess video



 




Task:  Answer the following question in complete sentencs.  Make sure to copy the question and then give your answer.  Leave a space between each response.


1.  Which of Phil's work(s) of art impressed you the most? Why?
2.  What did you think about the first youtube video (Mujer de Caguana)?
3.  What did you think about the second youtube video (Photoshooting Goddeess )?
4.  Which transformation(s) did you like the most in the Photoshooting Goddess video?  Why?
5.  So, were you surprised to see your English professor in the videos?  =D


DATE DUE:  November 4, 2014

Evaluation:  20 points (15 response, 5 punctuality & following instructios) 

11 comments:

  1. 1. Which of Phil's work(s) of art impressed you the most? Why?
    The work I liked most of Phil "s is the drawing I do with lentras is amazing the size of the work and how well I fit nice, I loved it.

    2. What did you think about the first youtube video (Mujer de Caguana)?
    The first video seemed me very pretty and interesting, plus it is very well done. I'm glad because I love the neturaleza.

    3. What did you think about the second youtube video (Photoshooting Goddeess )?
    The second video seemed very nice to me since I also reminded the Egyptians and Goddesses there and have always found it interesting that place and habits that led to their times.

    4. Which transformation(s) did you like the most in the Photoshooting Goddess video? Why?
    The transformation that I liked the most was the Goddess, because I have always liked and interesting that world.

    5. So, were you surprised to see your English professor in the videos? =D
    Sure surprised me to see English professor in this aspect since I never imagined I would be an artist too. I am very well congratulate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Which of Phil's work(s) of art impressed you the most? Why?
    * Wow what two works of art that I do with many letters, amazing talent, and size of the drawing as a block. I was fascinated because I work a lot like art.

    2. What did you think about the first youtube video (Mujer de Caguana)?
    * I found it excellent, interesnate and nice video, especially because I loved this present nature.

    3. What did you think about the second youtube video (Photoshooting Goddeess )?
    *I seemed a very detailed video on what are the goddesses and Egypt. I really liked that show many habits for those times in Egypt and to the goddesses.

    4.Which transformation(s) did you like the most in the Photoshooting Goddess video? Why?
    *In the two transformations actually liked a lot, but if I have to choose one would you choose the transformation of the Goddess because that life is super interesting.

    5.So, were you surprised to see your English professor in the videos? =D
    *It surprised me a lot, never imagine my English teacher was modeling artist. excellent teacher talent I congratulate you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ROSE MARY RODRIGUEZ IRIZARRYOctober 28, 2014 at 7:19 PM

    1.Which of Phil's work(s) of art impressed you the most? Why?
    The more I impressed was the large painting he did because from what I saw that he was cast in letters and it took day after day, hour after hour.

    2.What did you think about the first youtube video (Mujer de Caguana)?
    It was a very impressive video and it really looks like an Indian and I am pretty good video.

    3.What did you think about the second youtube video (Photoshooting Goddeess )?
    This was even more impressive as it's amazing what you can do in a picture, a simple picture and made him the Photoshooting was awesome.

    4.Which transformation(s) did you like the most in the Photoshooting Goddess video? Why?
    This was even more impressive as it's amazing what you can do in a picture, the naked picture and made him the Photoshooting was awesome.

    5.So, were you surprised to see your English professor in the videos? =D
    Oh, sure you do. Those photos were so perfect that I impressed me see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1- Well I liked both but I think the Goddess of Photoshooting is more complicated because it has to seek funds and cut the image and edit it . Since the woman is Caguana easier .

    2- It is nice because it shows the beauty and features of the Taino women and that is very cultural and background who chose to make the video is very relaxing and makes you want to like exploring .

    3- It is very interesting because it shows different landscapes or backgrounds and let you imagination all things you can do in a video and really loved when I saw the picture I did not know what they would do with it. The completely transformed into something else. Very good work and creative.

    4- I like where it leaves the teacher with many hands my impression was like wow ! as did that. I did not do that and would love to learn how.

    5- I was impressed because I did not know that she liked modeling for the camera lol . but I think it came out very nice in the photos and it's a good hobby.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1. Which of Phil's work(s) of art impressed you the most? Why?
    I'm impressed with Photoshooting Goddess video.

    2. What did you think about the first youtube video (Mujer de Caguana)?
    I like because the butterfly it seems being part of the video.

    3. What did you think about the second youtube video (Photoshooting Goddeess )?
    This video transported me a places where there pyramids, mountains and others stage.

    4. Which transformation(s) did you like the most in the Photoshooting Goddess video? Why?
    I like so much the fairy Godmother because in his face you can see the peace and tenderness.

    5. So, were you surprised to see your English professor in the videos?
    Yes i'm surprised because seem a whole model of magazine and she seems enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1. Which of Phil's work (s) of art impressed you the most? Why?
    Both are a good job but for me personally I like the Mujer Caguana.Because that looks more natural very unique.

    2. What did you think about the first youtube video (Caguana woman)?
    I found it very unique and different and beautiful

    3. What did you think about the second youtube video (Photoshooting Goddeess)?
    The second video seemed to me very original, had more effect on photo with a mystical touch and fantasy .And the subject of mystical Gods and are very interesting

    4. Which transformation(s) did you like the most in the Photoshooting Goddess video? Why?
    The two transformations ones I liked were those of myst and Akua God

    5. So, were you surprised to see your English professor in the videos? =D
    Sure surprised me to see English professor i think nice picture and good job

    ReplyDelete
  8. 1. Which of Phil's work(s) of art impressed you the most? Why?

    I was impressed by his work, as he has been able to create that picture used numbers. It truly is an artist
    2. What did you think about the first youtube video (Mujer de Caguana)?

    I think the video has a bit of history. I liked the effect with butterflies

    3. What did you think about the second youtube video (Photoshooting Goddeess )?
    I think both videos dealing with the lives of women at different times

    4. Which transformation(s) did you like the most in the Photoshooting Goddess video? Why?
    I like the effect of the water looks like a three-dimensional scene

    5. So, were you surprised to see your English professor in the videos? =D
    The teacher is made a whole artist.

    ReplyDelete
  9. 1.Which of Phil's work(s) of art impressed you the most? Why?

    The Phil’s work that impressed me was that realize by words. Because it is very impressive as it prepare this painting and as it stays to the perfection achieving the exposed the image.

    2. What did you think about the first YouTube video (Mujer de Caguana)?

    It is a video that highlights the elements of the indigenous woman and at the same time the nature that surrounds it.

    3.What did you think about the second YouTube video (Photoshooting Goddeess?

    This video takes us back to the era of the goddesses. It is a video made with technological effects that make real images. Besides the work of photos is impressive.

    4. Which transformation(s) did you like the most in the Photoshooting Goddess
    video? Why?

    The transformation that I liked most was that the Egyptian woman. That their dress and elements that accompany it, make it see a natural Egyptian.

    5. So, were you surprised to see your English professor in the videos?
    =D
    It is impressive to see the teacher in different facets in his life. Not only is educator, she is an artist. Very happy with the work done by it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. 1.Which of Phil's work(s) of art impressed you the most? Why?
    I was impressed with the second video. Their creativity, their transitions and I love the great edition of the photo manipulations.

    2. What did you think about the first YouTube video (Mujer de Caguana)?
    I liked it, just that some photos went fast, but the others were super cool.

    3.What did you think about the second YouTube video (Photoshooting Goddeess?
    The video seemed super-awesome. It is very creative, and motivates me in my career in graphic design.

    4. Which transformation(s) did you like the most in the Photoshooting Goddess
    video? Why?
    All look good but I especially liked the fourth and sixth transformation for its unique style and used effects. They look awesome.

    5. So, were you surprised to see your English professor in the videos?
    =D
    I was surprised, I did not think my English teacher had that talent. Even, it does very well. : D

    ReplyDelete
  11. 1.Which of Phil's work (s) of art impressed you the most? Why?
    I was impressed with the teacher I had no idea that was you in the photo section.

    2.What did you think about the first youtube video ( mujer de Caguana)?
    I think it's very creative and there are many people who just like taking a photo section on the beach is very strange to be in a river, dressed as an Indian.

    3.What did you think about second Youtube video (Photoshooting Goddess ?The photo section also stay nice and that scared me a little when I saw the latest pictures by thinking that only the photos were of you and another woman came out.

    4.Which transformation did you like the most in the Phoshooting Goddess video ? Why ?
    The one that came out dressed as Egyptian, because I was very creative and also for your skin color I was fine transformation.
    5.So, were you surprised to see your English professor in the videos? =D
    Sure surprised me a lot because I did not think you had that video of the photo sections in the river and still dressed as Taino


    ReplyDelete